Monday, August 8, 2011

Our Baby Furniture Project

My Brother and Sister-In-Law were sweet enough to give us their crib and changing table among other baby essentials.  And being the Design Monster I am I just had to take the beautiful furniture they gave us and customize it for my baby.  So Wes and I headed to Lowes.  Here's our Baby Furniture Project...

BEFORE

Process...

 Step 1: Put your Husband to work sanding the furniture.  

Step 2: Tape off areas of the furniture you don't want paint on.


Step 3: Make your husband paint the furniture.  

Step 4: Add a Wash Finish
I just used white and brown acrylic paint mixed with water.


Step 5: Sand corners and random areas to give the furniture character.


AFTER





Now our furniture is complete.  Next step, baby bedding!!!  

I'd also like to give a shot out to my wonderful husband for putting his heart and soul into this furniture project.  He deserves a big gold star!!!



4 comments:

  1. Love it Connie! NOT that you had anythig to do with it... ;) just kidding, credit to the visionary!!! I can't wait to see what you do with the room, it will be gorgeous- love ya! -Tanner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, it's kind of scary how close we've been in this baby process! I've ordered everyting in this distressed white color!! Sadly, Benji isn't as gung-ho about projects as Wes, for after 2 months I'm still waiting on the crib and changing table to be put together, but our furniture is the same color!!! I tried to stay away from the traditional wood colors. Go y'all for getting creative with it!!

    ReplyDelete