Friday, August 19, 2011

In Mourning

This weekend I am officially in Morning...



I am in morning for all my "skinny" clothes that I can no longer wear.  Though I was never a size 4 and pretended to wear a size 6 (in clothes that ran large) I was mostly a comfortable size 8.
Now I am officially a size PREGGO aka fat butt sandwich.
I am done squeezing myself into my old pants and finished attempting to stretch my shirts so that they hang longer over my growing belly.



This weekend I am breaking down and cleaning out my closet.  All my beautiful, slimmer fitting clothes are being relocated to the back, dark corner of my closet and may never be seen again.
I will try on each individual item in my closet and give each skirt, shirt, and dress one last chance to fit for maybe another final wearing.


If you're out there reading my blog, I only ask one thing...
In honor of my old wardrobe, pull out your "skinny outfit" and wear it for me this weekend.

This blog is dedicated to my favorite pair of skinny jeans.  May you rest in peace.






1 comment:

  1. Connie, I totally relate to this blog. In fact I laughed as I read it because I just had to go through my closet and do the same thing. Mind you it was no easy task as I cried looking at the clothes I can no longer fit and how they are being replace with bottoms with a huge elastic top to fit over my growing belly. I must say they def look much better on with a cute shirt covering the top than to do off LOL. My husband was such a trooper that day and reassured me that this is only temporary and I will wear all my "skinny" clothes again.

    ReplyDelete